I have lost my Title Deed. Can I replace it?

The office of the registrar of deeds keeps a record of all property transactions. If a title deed is destroyed or lost, application can be made to the deeds office for a duplicate original of the deed, at a fee. The application is accompanied by an affidavit stating that the deed is actually lost or destroyed and that diligent search has been made for the deed. Once the Registrar is satisfied he will then issue a certified copy of the title deed which will, for all purposes, be treated as if it were the original.

Friday, 17 February 2017 Posted in Property Law and Conveyancing

Leave a comment

You are commenting as guest.