Yes, but only with consent. An owner who wants to extend the limits of his or her section must first obtain the consent of the body corporate by a special resolution
 of the members. The owner applying for permission will be responsible for the costs of amending the sectional plan of the scheme, re­calculating all the
participation quotas and arranging to have the amended plan registered. When granting permission, the body corporate must take into consideration the effect
that the extension will have on the harmonious appearance of the scheme and may well impose restrictions in that regard. If the proposed extension will affect the
 PQ of any section by more than 5%, the applicant will have to obtain the consent  of all the bondholders. Section 24 deals with extensions of sections.

Wednesday, 01 February 2017 Posted in Sectional Titles

Leave a comment

You are commenting as guest.